We take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your information.
What information we collect
Information you give us: We respect the right to privacy of all visitors to the CareConnect Health Sites. We receive and store some information that you enter on our Sites or that you provide to us through the Sites in any other way.
The information we collect or that you provide on or through our Sites or by using our services includes:
- Data that may personally identify you, including your name, postal address, e-mail address, home, work and mobile telephone numbers, age, date of birth, social security number, insurance policy number, physical characteristics that may personally identify you, sexual orientation, IP address, bank account number, national origin, ancestry, veteran or military status, medical conditions, race, citizenship, information about any physical or mental disabilities you may have, information related to your religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, information regarding your gender at birth and how you currently express your gender identity, information related to your sex life, such as pregnancy, child birth and related medical conditions, any history of criminal convictions (collectively, “Personal Data”);
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites, such as appointment request forms. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites. Some forms collect sensitive information, such as health information, necessary for us to provide our services to you;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research, development, and marketing purposes; and
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of the Sites or transmitted to other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you automatically as you navigate through or use our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, session replay and recording technology (recording your movements, clicks, etc. on our Sites), and information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels tags, and other tracking technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies (such as session replay and tracking technologies referred to above) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- Usage Details. Details of your visits to our Sites, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Sites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or in the Sites.
- Device Information. Information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and App version information.
- Location Data. Information about your location collected through Geolocation technology. You may disable this functionality on your mobile device by removing permission for CareConnect Health to use location services at any time.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain or associate information we collect with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- improve our services offering;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests; and
- recognize and/or authenticate you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Pixels and Web Beacons. Pages on our Sites, or our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Sites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Sites content and verifying system and server integrity). For example, we use Tealium, Inc. (“Tealium”), to understand how users interact with our Sites. We use this information to assist us in improving our user experience.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals. However, we do not track your online activities on or across third party websites or other online services for any purpose, including advertising, unless you specifically opt-in to a program or campaign that authorizes such tracking.
Email communications, newsletter, and related services
Our Sites provide you with the opportunity to receive communications from us or third parties. For example, you can sign up for a free CareConnect Health email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time. You may use the unsubscribe mechanism or link in our marketing emails if you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us.
Email communications that you send to us via the email links on our Site may be shared with a customer service representative, employee, medical expert, or agent that is most able to address your inquiry. We make every effort to respond in a timely fashion once communications are received. Once we have responded to your communication, it is discarded or archived, depending on the nature of the inquiry. Note, that email communications that you send us via the email links on our Site are not automatically encrypted, and it is possible that unencrypted email communications with us may be accessed or viewed by another internet user while in transit to us.
We occasionally survey visitors to our site. The information from these surveys is used in aggregated, de-identified form to help us understand the needs of our visitors so that we can improve our site. The information may be shared with third parties with whom we have a business relationship. We generally do not ask for information in surveys that would personally identify you; if we do request contact information for follow-up, you may decline to provide it. If survey respondents provide personal information (such as an email address) in a survey, it is shared only with those people who need to see it to respond to the question or request, or with third parties who perform data management services for our site. Those third parties have agreed to keep all data from surveys confidential.
How we use the information we collect
In addition to the uses described above, we use the information we collect for things like:
- Optimizing the performance and user experience of our sites;
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business;
- Providing healthcare services;
- Marketing and advertising products and services, including by inferring your interests from your interactions with our websites and newsletters and tailoring advertisements, newsletters, and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us ;
- Sending you email newsletters;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Communicating with you about your account, special events, and surveys; and
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You may request that we delete your data by contacting us as provided below. However, we may not be able to honor that request in all instances given the laws and regulations that apply to us. For example, under state and federal law, we may be required to maintain some data that is specific to you and that may identify you, such as your medical records or other information. We may also have a legal basis or obligation to maintain medical and other information about you to provide care and treatment or to comply with our professional, legal, and other obligations.
Disclosure of your information
We may share the information we collect about you with third parties who we have engaged to help us provide the Site, as well as services available through our Site. Your Personal Data may be disclosed to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
We may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns, and related site information. These data reflect site-usage patterns gathered during visits to our website each month, but they do not contain information that personally identifies you unless you have given us permission to share that information.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CareConnect Health, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights regarding your information and accessing and correcting your information
For non-patient information, you can Contact Us through the Contact Information below to access and/or find out what information we have about you and to correct that information. You can also review and change your Personal Data by logging into our site and visiting either the Settings or Account Preferences sections. You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot completely delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or if we have a legal basis or obligation to maintain it, or if it would cause the information to be incorrect.
Whether you are visiting the CareConnect Health Site or one of our clinic locations, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control, and we appropriately limit access to it. We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The CareConnect Health Site uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our website, such as ordering information including your name, address, and credit card number. That being said, CareConnect Health cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide. You should understand, however, that electronic transmissions via the internet are not necessarily secure from interception, and so we cannot absolutely guarantee the security or confidentiality of such transmissions.
Protecting children’s privacy
our Sites are not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from users under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or in our Sites or on or through any of their features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a user under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a user under 18, please contact us at the contact information below.
Our Patient Online Services is available to patients 18 years of age and older. It is also available to patients who are between the ages of 13 years old and 17 years old with the permission of their parents or legal guardians.
Links to other websites
If you have a question or concern regarding your privacy, please contact CareConnect Health’s Privacy Officer using the contact information below:
Privacy Officer CareConnect Health,
P.O. Box 5610, Cordele, GA 31010